Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Spotlight & Review: Fairyproof by Constance Phillips


Fairyproof
by Constance Phillips
Genre: Romantic Fantasy



After her parent's death and an unwanted proposal, fairy Monique seeks refuge in the human world, even though her brother has warned her of the dangers. She believes Hiding will be a breeze. She can control any human with a flirtatious smile and an attraction spell. Until she meets Daniel Elliot, the only human who's immune to both.
 

My Review:
 I had some trouble really getting into this one. It wasn't a bad read but I wasn't as enthralled with it. The storyline kind of lagged for me and was pretty predictable. But it was overall a sweet romance.
Monique was very likeable but I just didn't connect with her as much. She relied so much on her looks and when they didn't work for her it was like she was completely lost. I liked that she fought for herself and wasn't willing just to go with her brothers plans for her. Daniel was very sweet. But at times I just wished he'd make a move on Monique or something. He's a really nice guy but kind of lack luster.
 It also changed points of view to Monique's brother Kieran who pretty much just came off as a jerk. There were circumstance's as to why he acted that way but I just couldn't feel empathy towards him. I just felt that the characters needed a bit more work and lacked depth.
 It's an interesting and different take on fairies. But this one just wasn't very exciting for me.




Constance Phillips lives in Ohio with her husband, daughter, and four canine kids where she writes contemporary romance novels and paranormal romance novels.

When not writing stories of finding and rediscovering love, Constance and her husband spend the hours planning a cross-country motorcycle trip for the not-so-distant future…if they can find a sidecar big enough for the pups.

Author Media Links



No comments:

Post a Comment